Gov. McAuliffe announced the winners of the first Governor’s Competition for Talent Solutions Wednesday. These grant awardees were selected from among 27 applicants, and they represent the very best in workforce development partnerships between business and the public sector.
This grant competition is the first of its kind in Virginia and exemplifies the Commonwealth’s commitment to building a demand-driven workforce system. A total of $900,000 in grant money is available, with a maximum individual grant award amount of $200,000.
Winners of the 2015 Governor’s Competition for Talent Solutions from Hampton Roads are:
- American Maritime Modernization Association from Virginia Beach
- Forest Equipment Operator Training School from Franklin
Other winners included:
- Botetourt County Public Schools Foundation from Botetourt County
- Virginia Education Center for Asphalt Technology from Fredericksburg
- Virginia, Maryland and Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives from Glen Allen