Good news for those of you who cross the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge going east into Chesapeake during your weekend plans!
The Jordan Bridge is waiving tolls on Saturdays and Sundays this spring, ending May 1 and beginning Saturday, March 19th. Tolls are normally $2 with an E-Z Pass. The waived toll only applies to those traveling eastbound, those traveling west into Portsmouth will still be charged.
The free weekend travel period begins at 12:01 am on Saturdays and extends through midnight on Sundays. The offer repeats over Easter and every weekend in April. Valid travel dates include:
* Saturday, March 19 – Sunday, March 20
* Saturday, March 26 – Sunday, March 27 (Easter)
* Saturday, April 2 – Sunday, April 3
* Saturday, April 9 – Sunday, April 10
* Saturday, April 16 – Sunday, April 17
* Saturday, April 23 – Sunday, April 24
* Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1
For more information on the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge and the Free Spring Weekends offer, visit www.SNJB.net.