The city is looking for an artist or artist team to help transform a functional staircase at Mount Trashmore into a mural. For Pleasure House Point, they’re looking for a structure that highlights the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. cititzen, have successfully managed and completed at least one similar commissioned project with a budget equal to or greater than the proposed project budget and provide previous samples of work to illustrate style, qualifications and experiences.
Here’s what you need to in your application:
- Artist Statement of Interest: (3,000 character maximum) Submission must include an Artist Statement of Interest that outlines a general interest in this opportunity, along with the specific site location(s) of artist’s intent.
- Resume: (3,000 character maximum) Please include a current resume that outlines your professional
accomplishments as an artist.
- Images of past work: Visual representations of past artwork that demonstrate your qualifications for this
project. Submit up to a total of 8 images of completed projects and brief descriptions. Proposal images
from previous projects may be submitted, but should be clearly marked as proposals. If submitting as a
team, all members must be represented in the visual submittal.
- Descriptions of past work: Include a list of the submitted images with descriptions that clearly explain
both the projects and the images. Please indicate Title, Date, Location, Dimensions, Significant Materials,
and Budget (if a public commission). If you were a member of a team, please indicate your role.
- Proposal images or design: Include image you are proposing for your selected area. Please name the
image Proposal_Image_Your_Name. Up to three (3) proposed works can be submitted per application.
- Description of Proposal Images: Include a list of the submitted images with descriptions that clearly
explain the concept, artwork, medium, etc.
- Budget: Provide a detailed description of the total budget to perform the services. The budget shall
identify in separate detail the following: artist stipend, all expenses including design, travel, lodging,
required meetings, installation, preparation of site, clean-up, materials and supplies, any equipment
needed to install the artwork, any necessary permits, bonds, taxes and fees; including business license
application fee, retaining workers, insurance costs, engineering expenses, documentation, preparing
specifications and providing list of all materials necessary for installation of the work.
You can email your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Public Art Project Submission Mount Trashmore Stairway Mural” or “Public Art Project Submission Pleasure House Point Artist Residency.”