The city of Norfolk is now accepting applications for the 2015 food vendor program. New locations and vending provides vendors a flexible schedule and offer patrons a variety of menu choices in multiple designated food vendor zones.
The Food Truck Program will offer freshly made entrees to support the lunchtime hours downtown (MacArthur Square) with optional expansion for breakfast, lunch and evening meals in the city’s other designated zones such as Chelsea, Fort Norfolk, and the new Arts and Design district, according to Paul Filion and Norfolk.gov.
The following are the food truck zones designated for the 2015 Food Truck Program:
- 100 block of Bank Street at MacArthur Square – Downtown Norfolk (10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- 1200 block of Boissevain Avenue in Chelsea
- 1300 block Raleigh Avenue in Chelsea
- 800 block of Front Street at Fort Norfolk
- 800 block of Woodis Avenue at Fort Norfolk
- 700 block of Granby Street in the Arts and Design District
Applications are due by April 17th, 2015 and will cover vending the entire calendar year up to December 31, 2015. Vendor participation, once approved, will be a first come first serve basis in any of the various food truck zones.
For more information visit Norfolk.gov Food Vendor Program page.