If you don’t have time to go visit Santa at one of the stops he’s making in Hampton Roads before Christmas, then you should consider sending a letter to the North Pole!
To send your child’s letter with their Christmas or holiday wishlist to Santa, follow these steps laid out by USPS:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child’s letter and sign it “From Santa.”
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
USPS recommends sending Letters from Santa by Dec. 8 so that they can be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than Dec.15. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage, AK, will take care of the rest!
Be sure to share the experience on social media using #LettersFromSanta.
To save paper, USPS says write on the back of your child’s letter. They also recommend you make Santa’s response as personal as possible by highlighting your child’s accomplishments over the past year. For example, helping around the house, receiving good grades in a particular subject at school or participating in certain activities.