To mark the occasion of the 40th anniversary of Harborfest, Hampton Roads Transit is offering additional services, including free for some.
From June 10 – 12, riders 17 and under can take the light rail or ferry for free, when accompanied by a fare paying adult.
HRT will offer a cash-only ticket sales line at five locations to help ease ticket lines.
Also extra security and volunteers will be on hand during heavy customer volumes, particularly during and immediately after the fireworks display.
If you plan on driving down to Town Point Park, check out our parking garages map page.
HRT’s Harborfest Schedule:
- Friday, June 10 – Regularly scheduled light rail service will operate until 10 p.m. when service frequency will increases from 30-minute to 15-minute frequency until midnight.
- Saturday, June 11 – Regularly scheduled rail service will operate until 4:30 p.m. when train service increases from 15-minute service to 10-minute service. Additional trains will be added as necessary.
- Dedicated shuttle buses will carry customers from the Newtown Road light rail station to MacArthur Square on the in-bound move and after the day’s events draw to a close, as demand requires.
- All three ferry boats will operate on the Elizabeth River, running until midnight Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, one boat will operate until midnight, the other two until 7 p.m.
Customer Service representatives will sell $4 cash only tickets at the following light rail locations:
- Newtown Road Station – Saturday, June 11, 5 – 9 p.m.
- Military Highway Station – Saturday, June 11, 5 – 9 p.m.
- Eastern Virginia Medical School /Fort Norfolk Station – Saturday, June 11 – 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Tickets will be sold at the following Elizabeth River Ferry locations:
- High Street Landing – Friday, June 10, 3 – 8 p.m. & Saturday, June 11, 3 – 9 p.m.
- North Landing – Friday, June 10, 3 – 8 p.m. & Saturday, June 11, 3 – 9 p.m.