There’s so much to focus on in today’s educational curriculum that often personal finance doesn’t seem to be touched on like it should in our public schools. Several local high schools are making personal finance a priority, however, and it shows! They were ranked among the 100 Best w!se High Schools in the nation for teaching personal finance.
Among the schools ranked is:
- Grassfield High School in Chesapeake
- Jamestown High School in Williamsburg
- Poquoson High School in Poquoson
- Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach
- Salem High School in Virginia Beach
- Woodside High School in Newport News
W!se’s national network showcases excellence in financial education and motivates schools to “race to the top” in personal finance instruction. The ranking also is intended to encourage school districts and administrators to expand and improve the quality of personal finance instruction in their schools and make financial education more of a priority.
The 2016 ranking is based on school achievement in the 2014-15 school year and you can see the complete list by clicking here.
Congratulations, local high schools!