The Newport News Fire Department has announced that a round of hiring is now open. Members of the NNFD play a dual-role as a Firefighter/Medic, and rotate between ambulance and firefighting duties.
Once hired, recruits will then enter into two training programs to maximize their abilities. That training includes; graduating from the Tidewater Regional Fire Academy and completing a face-paced EMS course that will enter the recruit into the National Registry as an EMT.
Benefits of being a member of the NNFD include:
• $38,325 base salary with a $1,000 increase at 6 & 12 months
• 25 year retirement program
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• Life insurance for you & family
• Paid vacation & sick leave
• Tuition reimbursement
• Reimbursable gym memberships
• Career advancement opportunities
Recruits are compensated during training and upon completing both programs, members will earn a competitive salary while averaging 10 working days per month.
Hiring process ends August 19. Visit the recruitment page for information on applying.