NORFOLK, Va. – A new recycling app will make it easier for Norfolk residents to access info on the city’s curbside program. It’s free for iOS and Android devices and provides people with collection days, acceptable recycling practices and how to report collection issues.
Norfolk is the first of Recycling Perks’ communities to have access to this feature. It includes:
- Access to the full Recycling Perks website to register, shop, and redeem rewards
- All residential collection service details for yard waste, garbage, bulk waste, and recycling
- Address look up to find your waste collection dates and option to sync them directly with your calendar
- Household hazardous waste recycling and disposal information
- Holiday collection updates and other important recycling news
- Quick search function to look up what you want to recycle and find out where to dispose of it
- Report a problem feature to send quick information to the city for any waste collection issues
To get the app, visit the Play Store or the App Store and type in “Recycling Perks.” Once you download the app, you must download the Norfolk package and put in your information. Visit RecyclingPerks.com to activate your account.