Since last night’s game was a washout (thanks, rain!) the Norfolk Tides will host their Hurricane Preparedness Day on Monday, June 29th.
The Tides will take on the Charlotte Knights and the concourse will be full of emergency management professionals from Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, and the Navy to answer some important hurricane preparedness questions.
- How do make a disaster supply kit
- All about the National Flood Insurance Program and who needs it
- How individuals with disabilities and special medical needs can prepare
- Where there are pet shelters available in case of a weather emergency
- Specific disaster response information in your area
There will also be meteorologists available to answer your severe weather questions, and representatives from Navy Region Mid-Atlantic will also be on hand to provide additional disaster preparedness information specifically for Navy families.
Don’t forget if you have any questions about hurricane preparedness in the mean time, check out WAVY.com’s Hurricane Guide!