The Suffolk Public Library group has issued a challenge to its community to read 8,000 books this summer all in the name of literacy and good, slimy fun!
Their Camp SPL Summer Reading Challenge starts Saturday, June 16. If the goal is reached by August 4, three library staff members will get “slimed” at their grand finale carnival.
Citizens can vote on their top three library staff members beginning July 18 to determine who gets slimed if the goal is reached.
In addition to the sliming, you could also win a grand prize worth $500! The Friends of the Suffolk Public Library are to thank for this special giveaway.
Each book you read and log equals one raffle ticket entry for this grand prize. The winner will chose one of the following as their grand prize:
• One Night Stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg
• Annual Family Membership to the Virginia Zoo, Children’s Museum of Virginia, and the Virginia Aquarium
• Fitness Bundle with Gym Membership for two to Planet Fitness
• Williamsburg Winery Visit and Stay for two
• Suffolk Staycation Package
The Camp SPL Summer Reading Challenge is open to everyone, even if they don’t have a library card. Learn more on how to participate here.