The U.S. Postal Service has announced the 2016 holiday mailing and shipping deadlines for domestic and international destinations as customers begin to prepare for the busy shopping and shipping season.
Customers are encouraged to ship early.
To ensure timely delivery of cards, letters and packages within the United States by Dec. 25, the Postal Service recommends that customers ship their items by the following dates:
- First-Class Mail Service – Dec. 20
- Priority Mail Service – Dec. 21
- Priority Mail Express Service 1 – Dec. 23
- USPS Retail Ground – Dec. 15
- Destination Network Distribution Center (DNDC) Drop Ship – Dec. 19
- Destination Delivery Unit (DDU) Drop Ship – Dec. 22
Customers can also visit usps.com/holiday for more information.