Chocolate and cheese? Seems a little odd, but what could go wrong when you pair two of the yummiest flavors together? Not to mention, the entire wheel of cheese is wrapped in a buttery and flakey puff pastry.
This recipe is perfect for sharing during the holidays because of it’s simplicity in making, but delivers “wow” results. The baked brie pairs nicely with crisp apples and crackers, just add a glass of wine for a delightful duo!
I used Willie Byrd dark chocolate sauce in this recipe. I highly recommend buying every flavor they make because it won’t last long once you pop the lid on these delectable sauces!
The story behind the sauce is just as sweet. The secret recipe started with their Grandfather and has been passed down through the family. I’m excited to share more delectable recipes from this product line throughout the month of December!
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry [thawed]
- 1 Wheel [8 oz.] Brie Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Willie Byrd Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Chopped Pecans [optional]
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Place thawed puff pastry on parchment paper or aluminum foil with non-stick spray.
- Place brie cheese in center of puff pastry.
- Spread chocolate sauce on top of cheese.
- Wrap puff pastry around cheese.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and brush on top of puff pastry.
- Bake for about 20min or until golden brown.
- Garnish with pecans if desired.