This dish is what I like to call a “fake out”. You can easily prep this recipe ahead of time to make an easy dinner during the week or dress it up a tad for date night. If you really want to fancy things up, try a homemade pesto recipe and add some fancy cheese to the stuffing. However, don’t feel bad if you buy the pre-made pesto! I find plenty of delicious options in the deli section at my grocery store and love having the leftovers for other dishes. Whatever you choose, your taste buds will enjoy!
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 3 Slices of Prosciutto
- 1/2 C Pesto
- To prep the marinade, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, honey and black pepper in a large plastic bag or sealed container.
- Tenderize chicken and butterfly.
- Let chicken marinade at least 45 min, or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Take chicken out of container and stuff with pesto.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the chicken with the open ends tucked under.
- Place chicken in an oven safe pan.
- Once all chicken breasts are stuffed and wrapped, pour remaining marinade on top.
- Bake for 30-40min until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For more recipes, visit everything-emma.com!