You’ve likely heard people advise that you have a rainy day fun, maintain minimal debt, or perhaps your grandfather imparted the ‘a penny saved is a penny earned’ wisdom on you as a child. We all know we should work harder to do it, but it can be difficult to make the commitment to sit down and decipher all the options for making it work. A fantastic option is to hit up the self-made experts in the field of frugality – bloggers. They have spent countless hours scouring coupon policies, testing out strategies for best practices and living the frugal life, and they share that with their readers.
There is no reason to go-it-alone on your frugal journey. With that in mind, we’ve found four frugal bloggers that we think will give you a positive start in the right direction so you can be certain you meet your budgeting goals in the very near future.
4 Frugal Blogs You’ll Love
Money Saving mom is a traditional savings site. She hunts down daily deals, provides helpful printables, coupon resources and advice for saving on your grocery bill. It’s a pretty comprehensive site, and well worth your time.
Money Saving Mom Highlight Reel:
- Coupon Database – this is a fantastic resource to add to your couponing efforts! It features coupons for free food items among other things! Hello happy budget!
- 25 Income Earning Ideas – all of the ideas offer options for adding to your family income. Some of the options are small additions, others are possibilities for a substantial paycheck each month. It is definitely worth your time to peruse this particular post.
- Freezer Cooking 101 with Printables – Freezer cooking can be a saving grace for busy families who are always on the go. You have to put a bit of work in at the beginning, but then you’re golden. This post offers you a one-stop resource to get the process down, complete with printables!
This one is for our fashionistas who love great style but have to achieve said style on a budget. Brandhyze has you covered; she has frugal style on lock down.
Frugal-nomics Highlight Reel:
- Frugal DIY – this whole section is filled with style you can create on the cheap. We’re feeling her Stella and Dot inspired necklaces and faux fur pieces. We love that looking chic doesn’t have to break the bank.
- 5 Signs it’s time to Ditch Your Duds – we all need a little tough love when it comes to cleaning out our closets. This piece links out to another site that Brandhyze writes for, but there are a ton of additional pieces over there as well, like this 15 Free Things You’ll Never Have to Pay for Again – so you’re getting her site and another bonus site. Both of which will save you money!
We love the monthly challenges to improve your overall well-being while tying in a frugal element, which is the theme of this blogger’s year. Additionally, she offers a crash course in all things budget, which we hope will help you take the next step towards your frugal living goal.
This site, as a whole has a ton of resources to help you live your best life on a budget.
Fun, Cheap, or Free Highlight Reel:
- Focused in 14’ Challenges – January is worth perusing because the focus was on finances.
- Frugality Bootcamp – this is an online class to get your budget goals on the right track.
- Best Copycat Recipes – part of minding your budget is keeping the cooking at home. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t have some of the same dishes you might choose at your favorite restaurants! Jordan rounds up a few from around the web in this post.
- Date Night on the Cheap! – dating your spouse is a great way to keep those old flames burning and this post tells you how to make that happen while sticking to your set budget.
We love this blog because she truly gets the ins and outs of budgeting from various perspectives and with many needs in mind. We also dig that she has chosen a slower pace of life in favor of being present for her family. The site offers up the tips and tricks from 6 contributors as well as the founder, Amy. You are guaranteed a plethora of inspiration for frugality and more, but you won’t be overwhelmed by content.
Frugal Mama Highlight Reel:
- The solutions page – this particular page provides you with a variety of tools and tips for making your frugal life work. Anything that takes the guesswork out of saving money is a win-win in our book!
- Take it to the Bank: Build Your Kids’ Financial Responsibility – one of the most important things a child can learn is fiscal responsibility. This post offers some ideas for working on that within your family.
- Family Budget Series: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 – this series gives you a comprehensive breakdown of how one family makes their budget work. They are detailed and offer some solid takeaways for anyone looking to implement some cost-savings habits into their daily life.
Do you have a frugal living blogger that you love? How do you work to stick to a budget and meet your financial goals?